Pledging Your Love
Anyway, at Albany Eye, we're committed to helping you hook up, so here are some tips for meeting that special someone while volunteering at the fund drive:
- Do not wear your Sweeney For Congress pin. Or your NRA hat.
- Park the gas guzzling SUV a few blocks over, take your bike off the rack, and ride it to the station. Wheel it inside with you. If you're lucky, the car will be there when you return.
- Gush over how pleased you are that the station is finally airing Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me.
- Memorize the names of some decent books you can claim to have read. Do not include the DaVinci Code.
- Bring some soy snacks. Practice eating them beforehand so you don't make a face or gag.
- Do not discuss television shows.