Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Whirly Cam!

What the hell is up with those St. Peter's Hospital spots? I'm talking about the ones with the nervous camera that never stops its slow clockwise gyrations ---all for no apparent reason. I guess it's to make the people talking about their heart trouble and emergency room visits seem more exciting. Maybe next time someone's telling me about their medical woes, I'll move my head around like the camera and see if their story starts getting interesting.

If you ask me, this stuff is just annoying. Not to get all film schooly with you, but if you want camera movement, subtle dollying or trucking makes a shot interesting without it becoming distracting, which is what you get with all this trendy, irrelevant nonsense.

I wonder if the hospital is seeing patients who were made nauseous by watching their commercials?