Friday, September 22, 2006

I See Dead People

Just my luck. I finally get my picture in the Times Union and now I'm too dead to enjoy it.
We can't spell Times Union without U!

The Times Union Reader Network has been hard at work consulting the paper on difficult editorial decisions. Rex Smith yesterday explained how TURN members convinced the TU to publish that photo of Michael Thompson, deceased victim of last week's Route 50 car v. pedestrian accident. Smith wrote:
By an overwhelming margin, those who responded to our e-mailed question about these photos Wednesday urged us to publish them.
Yeah, no kidding. Hey, readers: who wants to see the dead guy??? Anyway, I predict we'll read more about this in his Saturday column.

EDITOR'S NOTE: An earlier version of this story erroneously suggested that the Times Union Reader Network is seldom mentioned in the paper or noted in any of its stories. My bad!