Thursday, August 03, 2006

Open and Shut Nut Case

Rachel Bruno: She has that hungry look in her eye.Oh! Did I say that out loud? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that Rachel Bruno is a nut. Let's all say a prayer of thanks now that police have found Ms. Bruno and returned her to the Capital Region ---but excuse me if I think this has been the lamest, most annoying story of the summer. That Senate Majority Leader Bruno used his clout to advance this non-item is revolting, especially since so many people who are actually missing receive so little attention.

Hey, I can't help it if she's a little touched...In a news conference yesterday, Senator Joe said that his 5 foot 10, 110 pound granddaughter has been undergoing treatment for anorexia for the past five or six years. Jeez, grandad, is nothing private any more? What Bruno didn't mention is that the young lady ran off with a man suspected of being a pimp. Can't Joe get this girl a State job?

I'd say it's time for all our readers to do something nice to make Ms. Bruno feel better. Here's an idea: send her a box of delicious Drake's Cakes care of the Senator's office. The address is:
Senator Joseph L. Bruno
Room 909 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12247
I've always had a weak spot for the Funny Bones, myself.