Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Misguided

You can't imagine how excited I was when I read in the Business Review that the Downtown Albany BID (Bar Improvement District) had "prepared a new visitor guide which is meant to replace two separate publications it had distributed previously." I thought, "Cool...I wish I could get one of those." No sooner did I make that wish than my copy of BID's Downtown Digest newsletter arrived ---and tucked inside was said brochure.

I quickly leafed through all the crap in the front, like the message from Mayor Jennings and the page about the Albany Parking Authority to get at the good stuff: the listings of all that Albany fun. The good news is that there's lots to do. The bad news? The guide lists mostly event that have already occurred. Well, there's always next year.