Saturday, March 04, 2006

I Don't Know Art...

Free condom with every large popcorn. Unlimited re-fills.The raid at Troy's Cinema Art Theatre pried open a bottomless cesspool of tawdry stuff for reporters yesterday. Since stories like this bring out my inner seventh grader, my favorite line was this from Friday's Record:
Rensselaer County District Attorney Patricia DeAngelis arrived later with a handful of aides.
Amid all the descriptions of spent condoms and random sex, CapitalNews 9's Sean O'Grady talked to a woman who says her boyfriend prostituted himself at the theatre:
Sean: Do you know what the payment was for certain sex acts?
Tipster: He would get $200 to $400 for oral sex.
I'm not knowledgeable about the rates for that service, but I watch Cops, and I'd guess it's more like $20 to $40.

Some neighbors say they'd like to see the 1920's vintage movie house turned into a place like Albany's Spectrum. This would be a good copy line for their ad campaign: ALL NEW SEATS.