Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Think Lovely Thoughts

WTEN weekend anchor Anya Tucker: Hand me the pixie dust.Who could possibly resist this offer from Proctor's:
"LEARN TO FLY" LIKE PETER PAN...COME TO PROCTOR'S THEATRE ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11 AT 12:00 NOON TO SEE THE "SECRETS" BEHIND PETER PAN "FLYING"...ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO "FLY" JUST LIKE CATHY RIGBY!!!
They do this stunt every time Peter Pan comes to town, strapping a reporter in for a little air time. It's great ---and who isn't interested in how they get people to zoom around over the stage? The man who makes it happen is Paul Rubin (that's Rubin, not Ruebens), who learned the art of stage soaring from Peter Foy, the guy who first flew Mary Martin on Broadway.
This all got me thinking who I might like to see up there hanging from the wires. Judy Sanders? No, too much like Margaret Hamilton. Ann Hughes? While pregnant? What's wrong with you people? John McLoughlin? Smoking a stogey?? That would be hilarious, but who I'd really like to see up there is WTEN's new weekend anchor Anya Tucker. She's totally got the haircut. I'd love to try it, but after ripping that Phantom thing, they'd probably have me dropped on my head.