Thursday, January 26, 2006

Beg-a-Thon Redux

Several people have asked how the fund drive went. Let's just say that most of you share my conviction that content on the internet should be free. So far, we collected $51, which will go to renewing albanyeye.org and albanyeye.net ---and what's left over will be used to purchase some new pencils. A sincere thank you to everyone who makes Albany Eye part of their day.

The only complaint we got was from Troy Record reporter Jim Franco, who wrote:
I should pay you to read the newspapers, listen to the radio and watch the news and then comment on the reports? Hell, my grandfather has been doing that for over 60 years at the diner. Sorry.....no money from me unless you compensate my grandfather.
Well, Jim, I'd be happy to throw your grandfather a buck or two. If I worked at The Record, I'd just steal the money I need.