Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Log On

The Yule Log: Another wonderful Pagan ritual that helps us get into the Christmas spirit.I'm sure you all read Mark McGuire's exclusive interview last week with the Yule Log. Later the same day, WB45 wrote to let us know that they are the sole purveyors of Yule Log this year ---but I've got to tell you, I'm not impressed.
The station says it will run two hours of Pagan ritual wood burning Yule Log on Christmas Day between 11am and 1pm. Excuse me?!? The Yule Log is supposed to be on Christmas Eve and it's meant to burn into the wee hours. Who the hell wants to watch the Yule Log in the middle of the day?

Speaking of WB45, that's where you can tune in to see How The Grinch Stole Christmas, tomorrow night at 8pm. We're talking the Chuck Jones cartoon here, not the abominable Ron Howard movie. I say we throw that in the fireplace and burn it.