Thursday, December 01, 2005

Getting Schooled

I absolutely HATE teachers ---but I've got no problem taking their money!If I were a NYSUT member, I'd be on the phone today screaming at my local rep about all those ads they're running on the Paul Vandenburgh show.

Few groups have been maligned as consistently and severely as public school teachers on the WROW morning show. For as long as I can remember, Vandenburgh's denounced them as overpaid, under worked, and the recipients of what he thinks are extravagant benefits. That's why I was so surprised to hear the union advertising on Vandenburgh with commercials featuring NYSUT President Richard Iannuzzi.

Why would a union that represents so many hard working people spend a nickel of its money supporting someone with such contempt for their members? I guess we'll know the answer if we don't hear Vandenburgh slamming teachers anymore.
topic=localradio