Thursday, December 08, 2005

Back in the Saddle

I'd offer you a link to the Greg Floyd at WRGB story in Tuesday's Gazette, but I am not privy to what goes on inside the gated online community of that amazingly valuable newspaper. Anyway, there were some priceless bits in there, which I painstakingly transcribed for you. Says Mr. Floyd:
"When I came in as an employee through the back door, it was like no time had passed. I was hit with a smell and it was exactly the smell I remember."
Wow. WGY's been out of there for years and the place still stinks. Then:
It was 16 minutes into the broadcast when Bishop formally welcomed Floyd to the team before viewers ---the first overt indication that there was someone new here.
I hope you enjoyed that, Greg. It'll be 16 years before she acknowledges your existence again. If ever.