Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hot Stuff

Lick me...I mean LIKE me!Who would have figured that one of America's most polarizing media figures is Rachael Ray? The spunky girl from the Adirondacks has become an ubiquitous presence on cable ---but not everyone loves the Food TV star, as evidenced by the plainly named blog, Rachael Ray Sucks. For the most part, the posts at RSS aren't very clever; After all, It's easy to bash someone like the terminally upbeat Ray, who I've found delightful since I first saw her cooking in my local Price Chopper.
On the other end of the spectrum are the people who can't get enough of her. For a taste of that, there's Dirty Minute Meals, a strange and exhaustive list of double entendre and vaguely sexual things Ray has said during various shows ---and you don't have to look far to find her saucy spread from FHM. Some enterprising folks even came up with a Rachael Ray drinking game, based on some of her most frequently repeated phrases. Take my word for it: Don't try this on a school night.